ButtonMad

ButtonMad
Teeny Tiny Bird Buttons

Monday 16 May 2011

Front Tie Spring Dress from Make It and Love It


I have only had my sewing machine for the last 3 months and was getting a little tired of making pillow covers but I loved this dress on Ashley's blog Make It and Love It so I thought I would be adventurous and give it a try.

Her tutorial is very easy to follow and I'm really pleased with the result.

Of course I could not resist adding some of our pastel coloured teeny tiny Incomparable hearts (code L554) just for decoration since fasteners were not needed.


But I thought our pastel flowers which are up for grabs in our competition (code L555) would have worked equally well.


The only trouble I had (besides choosing which of our buttons to use) was with the elastic casing but Ashley did warn me in advance to be extra careful and go slowly here and my husband proved to be incredibly patient and helpful with threading the elastic through for me (he is about as new as my sewing machine but even more impossible to live without!)

Thanks for a great tutorial Ashley.

The dress is intended for my niece but until I can get it to her, I think I am going to go out and borrow a friend's cutie and bribe her with sweets ask her nicely to pose for some photos!

Don't forget we are announcing the winners from our competition give-aways today - just a few more hours to go so if you haven't entered already, now is your chance to do so...

Competition details are here

A friend asked her sweet daughter EC to try the dress on for size...she is such a cutie pie


Here is the button detail on the straps - they are a bit tight so I will have to replace them for longer ones...otherwise I love the way this dress has turned out...thanks EC for being an adorable model.

2 comments:

  1. Can Ellie Claire be the cutie that you get to model this dress? It's adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a sweet dress. Perfect with those buttons!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting our ButtonMad blog. Although we don't have time to reply to everybody who leaves a comment, we do really appreciate the feedback.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...